Pagina's

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Reading Update: Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordon



A few days ago I was looking for a movie to watch, and I came across Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief. I had already watched the movie but I remember really liking it so I watched it again. And this time around was no different from before, I once again really liked the movie and honestly casting Logan Lerman didn’t hurt either. Sea of Monsters was next on my to watch list and I was able to cross it off again almost imeadietly. From reading other book bloggers I had already gathered the movies were based on books written by Rick Riordan. After reminding myself how much I liked the movies I decided to check out the series.

As usual I’m late to the party but right now I am reading Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief, I’m on the fourth or so chapter and really enjoying it. What I’ve gathered so far is that the book and movie are certainly worth seein\reading both if you want an accurate feel of the story. They both differ from eachother. In the book Percy is 12 and in the movie he certainly isn’t, and there were a few other differences I noticed. None the less I’m really liking the book so far. Rick Riordan has a unique writing voice, which I’m certain if you’ve read his books you’ll be able to pick out from a crowd. I’ll keep you updated on my process with the books. Have you read the Percy Jackson books? Did you like them? I'd love to hear your opninion.




No comments:

Post a Comment